Family Estate Planning
How Can I Protect My Family And My Assets?
Family Estate Planning is an excellent way for an individual to protect his or her family and preserve assets that have taken a lifetime to attain. A Family Estate Plan contains a detailed listing of your financial assets, and documents your health care treatment choices while you are competent and mentally capable. And Estate Planning is not just for the wealthy, or for someone nearing their deathbed. Estate Planning is a great way to make decisions for you and your family in advance…before an emergency even arises… when you can’t make those decisions for yourself.
Can you answer the following questions with absolute certainty?
- Who will make your health care decisions if you are unable to make them?
- Who will sign legal documents for you if you are ill, incompetent or unable?
- Will your doctors follow your wishes regarding end of life care?
- Who will be granted custody of your minor children?
- Who will receive your assets when you die?
Estate Planning is one way to remove any uncertainty to your answers. Through a series of carefully drafted documents based upon your personal desires and instructions, you will ensure that your wishes are memorialized in a legally sufficient and binding way… that your family can call upon when needed.
- Last Will and Testament – memorializes your decision regarding how your assets will be distributed at your death
- Durable Power of Attorney – authorizes a designated person to execute legal documents on your behalf if you are unable
- Living Will – memorializes your decisions regarding end of life medical care and decisions
- Advance Directive for Health Care and Designation of Health Care Surrogate – authorizes a designated person to make health care decisions for you if you are unable based upon your own advance decisions
- Declaration of Pre-Need Guardian – memorializes your choices for a court-appointed guardianship of you, your assets and your children if necessary
- Medical Records Privacy Waiver – authorizes medical personnel to release information regarding your health to a designated person
- Funeral, Memorial, and Burial Instructions – Memorializes your final wishes for your funeral and burial, including any desire for cremation
Some individuals require additional documents to address their particular Estate concerns or needs. For them, one of several various types of trusts may be advantageous. Other individuals have needs to address tax concerns, probate avoidance or more. Attorney Mendez has assisted various individuals in different financial brackets analyze their particular Estate situation, addressing their concerns, and creating the best documents for you.
The Mendez Law Firm is a Central Florida law firm that provides a wide spectrum of Estate Planning services. Too many people wait until it is too late likely resulting in more stress and more costs. Don’t wait until a tragedy strikes before you start addressing these issues – whether for yourself or for your family members.
Call The Mendez Law Firm before it’s too late. When you call (407)380-7724, you’ll be scheduled for a FREE, no obligation office conference with Attorney Miguel Mendez. Attorney Mendez will review various Estate Planning documents that may be most appropriate to protect you, your family, and your hard-earned assets. And then you can decide what’s best for you and your family. No pressure. Just good information that you can apply for your own assets. Call (407)380-7724 Today!